Desiccant Canisters & Capsules
Rigid Desiccants for High Speed Automatic Insertion
Clariant manufactures a full line of rigid desiccant canisters and capsules. They lead the industry when controlled atmosphere packaging is required to control moisture, odor and other volatiles. The active packaging platform is customizable with various sorbent materials. Ideal for pharmaceutical packaging and nutritional packaging, they are available with silica gel, bentonite clay, molecular sieve, activated carbon and specialized adsorbents.
They lead the industry when controlled atmosphere packaging is required.
Desiccant canisters are small cylindrical containers filled with active agents that can be inserted at high rates of speed into pharmaceutical bottles and have become the gold standard of pharmaceutical desiccants. Their special design allows them to be used in standard insertion equipment and continuously fed into pharmaceutical packaging lines. Clariant offers several standard sizes ranging from ½ gram to 3 grams to address different packaging configurations. Desiccant capsules are similar to canisters, but available in a variety of sizes and formats to address special packaging conditions. Aroma-Can® is a special line of canisters designed to enhance nutritional products by adding a pleasant aroma to nutraceutical packaging. Benefits include:
- Desiccant Canisters
- Canisters are ideal for automatic, high-speed insertion into pharmaceutical and nutraceutical bottles and packaging.
- Vision inspection systems are used to ensure each canister meets specifications.
- Desiccant canisters meet US FDA standards for contact with food and drugs.
- Desiccant Capsules
- Desiccant capsules are ideal for high-speed automatic insertion, as well as the flexibility to utilise them in a variety of packaging configurations.
- All materials used in Clariant's capsules meet US FDA standards for direct contact with food and drugs. Typical applications include pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, diagnostic and medical products.
- Add pleasant aroma to nutritional packaging, masking unwanted odors and enhancing product appeal. Can be inserted using standard desiccant canister insertion equipment.